This major release includes many new features and improvements throughout the software. Highlights include threading support for systems with multiple processing cores, an updated user interface throughout the software, large improvements in usability, better compatibility with Windows Vista, new interactivity tools, and improvements in the animation modules.
Please refer to the release notes for further details on the changes in this release.
New features of particular interest for current users include:
- Multi threading support provide huge performance improvements on dual and quad core systems
- Many modules can now be interrupted without closing the software
- Double-clicking on modules will open their user interfaces
- Viewer improvements, including gradient backgrounds and a new, interactive distance tool
- Improvements to the look and feel of the entire software package
- Animations can be designed and created using free mouse rotations instead of the Az-El panel
- More interpolation options were added in the kriging modules
- Improvements to the 4DIM recorder and player allow more control during authoring
- Interactive tools for creating and editing of text and buildings
Current users may download the new release from our downloads page. This release will require your maintenance date to be December 21st, 2007 or later in order to run.