I am pleased to announce the release of Earth Volumetric Studio 2021.12.2. This major release adds significant new functionality and fixes many user-reported bugs.
We now recommend this release as an upgrade for all users.
This release includes updated help including several tutorials that span:
- The new EVS Environment
- Module renaming and port color changes
- Changes and enhancements to module function icons
- Creation and use of C Tech Web Scenes (CTWS files)
We acknowledge that the help tutorials are not a replacement for the Premium training videos. Those videos will be recreated in the near future and will include new content to cover CTWS and some new technologies currently in development. However, with the updated Help tutorials which include the module renaming guide, the existing Premium videos are still completely relevant.
In addition, Earth Volumetric Studio Projects 2021.12.2 has been released, fully updated for the new module names.
The release includes many significant improvements since the last official release. In addition to numerous user-reported bug fixes (including the module rename issue!), this release features improvements including:
- Module naming was updated, modernized, and made consistent
- The legend and titles were rewritten and are now supported in CTWS files. The new 2D legend and titles have improved quality and functionality
- The viewer now includes a Table of Contents, which can be used to reorder modules for CTWS, and quickly open or edit module properties
- The network visuals were modified to allow more information to be displayed, as well as make changing visibility possible on the module, and opacity a right click away
- The viewer now contains the ability to save “views” and “states” (combinations of visibility/opacity), which are also supported in CTWS
- axes, buildings, draw lines, and other modules which interact with the viewer have been modified to work directly via the red output port. “Looped” viewer connections are no longer needed, and the view port (now brownish-red) is now only used for exporting the view to other formats
- The windows and screens were updated to better support the new Windows 11 look and feel
All users are encouraged to download and install the 2021.12.2 release of EVS.